Monday, May 11, 2009

Kids are either weird or have less pain receptors in their bodies...maybe both


I had the strangest flashback today. All of the sudden I remembered as a kid how just after my bathwater had drained and the tub was still slick I would scruntch up my knees and somehow spin round and round. I remember my shock one day when I realized I didn't fit anymore. It was very disturbing. Today the idea of spinning round and round in a confined space crunched in a ball is disturbing...talk about awkward and dizzy. Also remember those bars on the playground that you could go sit on and spin round and round. I did that for hours in elementary school. I went back and did it once in jr high or high school. I clambered up on the bar and settled my self with a total lack of finesse on the bar went around once and was like "OW!!!!". And that was the end of that.

1 comment:

Whitney Denney said...

I guess I've always had the body of an old person, or I'm just a wimp. I never played on the bars (ouch), I've always hated running, and I thought that the kids who played soccer at recess were crazy. (I mean, what a waste of time. That's not fun!)