Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vacation Day

I did my best and was in bed before 9 last night, but when my alarm went of at 5 I had that unmistakable feeling where you know you are at the edge of the precipice where if you push it you'll be sick the next day and if you kick back you'll squeeze by. So I took a vacation from my film volunteering (the benefit to being a volunteer). I went back to bed and got a solid 13hrs of sleep. I got some good things done like getting my car payment mailed etc, and spent some much-missed time with my Mom. We went to several DIs on a mission who's full import will be revealed later. We had uber-much success (more than idea, but it's a fun problem). We also got to hang out with Whitters which was great, and saw my aunt Liz at one of the DIs (yeah, we have a cool family). When we got home I cleaned up some of the stuff I'd got had a rest and then made some jewelry (which all worked out! It was golden, lots of times you have a great idea and it doesn't come together) and had a bath. It's been a totally lovely and needed day and now I'm staying up way too late to write this post. Here are pictures of some of the things of the day.
 I made most of this today, very pleased with it, not the best view of the long necklace at the bottom, but it's cute. The green plate/bowl are one of the days fantabulous DI finds.
 Cute grouping of cups to put pencils or flowers in.
 Cute glass dish, never seen one with this pattern before (we've become connoisseurs.)
 Fabric.
 Teal acrylic 3/4 length sweater great for work.
 K, this whole kurffle a couple years ago was not in the best of taste, and this purchase is in somewhat poor taste, but I wanted one of these shirts at the time, but didn't get one. So, for $2 I caved and fulfilled that wish...need to find the least offensive way possible to wear it once. Maybe to the gym...maybe it'll just live with me for a while and then go back to DI.
 Fantastic tee that my mom found for me. Can't wait to wear this one with a sweater.
 I am a little embarrassed about fond I am of this item, which I will style as "retro men's sweater". But I am quite fond of it and when I'm in the right mood I'm going to rock it with some jeans. :)
 Great shirt from Express (can I say I heart the men's dept?). It's a men's small, so as it's from Express it fits great, just comfortably loose. ;)  Actually their stuff isn't that abnormally tiny like some stores are.

No comments: