Thursday, October 23, 2008

La Défense


From the steps of the Grad Arch

Some exciting photo-shoot


People lunching and sunning themselves on the steps of the Grand Arch

View from behind the Grand Arch

On the Grand Arch

Escalators (in the circle thing) and elevator (capsule like thing) on the Grand Arch

Side view of the Grand Arch and The Dome

Cool Thumb sculpture

Don't forget the carousel!


You can see the side of the Grand Arch in the far right hand side, and the shopping mall in the center left close to the fountain.


Taken from a the very bottom of the complex at the 2nd metro station, looks down the tracks to L'arc de Triomphe. I have realize that I didn't really take a good picture of the Grand Arch, but oh well.

6 comments:

ML said...

:)

Mandy said...

That picture with the bike in it is really cool! I like the way the sun is shining through and the shadow it makes with the bike.

Kim said...

I like the la defense district too. One time, I went to a fireworks show there (kindof cool - they had the fireworks behind La Grande Arche so they were framed). I thought it was bizarre when I discovered it was the business district - not a usual fireworks spot.

Whitney Denney said...

I totally want to go there! It looks really cool. You are also an excellent photographer. I loved the picture of the people "Sunning" themselves on the stairs.

Nourishing Creations said...

It looks like an enjoyable sunny day. I think I need to go sun myself. :) Those buildings are huge compared to the people by them!

Kylee Jane said...

Hey ELEN!!! WOw. the cemetery looked soo COOL. Ah brings back memories:D Fabulous pics! You make me soo proud!