Saturday, January 7, 2012

Working my Minuscule Muscles

I have a really good feeling about 2012. I feel that I am at the start of my new life and and a new me. In Phase I of my new life I am getting organized and trying to bulk-down on stuff. So far I have been going through all my papers (and getting rid of a lot). There's still a bit more sorting to be done, but I successfully met my goal of going from two two-drawer file boxes to one. Part of the paper project was going through all my magazine clippings and the magazines I've been hanging onto to clip and putting them in binders with sheet protectors (that was definitely the fun part of the paper project).

Today I worked on re-organizing the craft room that has been developing in Whitney's old room. I moved things in, out and around. Set the furniture up one way and decided it didn't work and then moved it again (and depending on the piece of furniture moved it a 3rd time). I guess my boot camp class is starting to work, while I'm still not great at moving furniture I moved a twin bed, 4' bookcase, night stand, 2 dressers, lots of drawers, 2 tables, and assorted other bits and bobs. I set a couple things aside for us to think about giving away and and moved the sewing machine in from the family room.

It's still rather untidy, so I'm going to wait to post a picture of the whole room when it's closer to being done (well, somewhat done, it is going to be an evolving project). But here is a picture of the one fun decorative thing I accomplished that was not simply moving heavy objects about. We're trying to mostly use things we already have and I was really happy to find a practical use for some of our cute things. After I brought the sewing machine in I cleared a space in the bookcase and grabbed an adorable old soda crate my Mom bought a couple of years ago, all the thread we own (new and old), and one of my glassware dishes, and set it up behind the sewing machine. I'm pretty tickled with it. We realized we probably should get more thread. Apparently we really like blue.

1 comment:

Whitney Denney said...

I've moved all that furniture several times too. It's pretty heavy but also manageable.