Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Handsome Hankies

Some of you may know that I have a terrible acquisitive instinct. I sometimes blame it on my Clark ancestors (I need one of these, therefore I should buy 3), but I'm afraid I probably can't actually blame it on them.

Over the past year or so in my jaunts to the antique-mall and estate sales I've been collecting hankies. I have about 20 now and I just washed and ironed them all today. Still deciding on their destinies, but even if I just end up using them at church, I'm happy. I get a lot of pleasure out of looking at them. All the pretty colors make me happy. I love feeling their softness and a connection with the past.


Now that I think about it, as things go, hankies are a pretty harmless thing for me to buy, small and relatively inexpensive. :)
(like I need any more justification, I'm trying really hard to move to no-buy mode since I moved to only working part-time).

No comments: