Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ask not for whom the bell tolls...

This is sorta sad and deserves several paragraphs of narrative, but these few lines will suffice. So our Explorer qualified for the Cash for Clunkers program, and my parents decided to go for it. The one snag being the car we bought isn't in yet, but we had to turn the other in to get the credit. So after it all we are current minus a car, which is being challenging.

Ok the sad part is our poor Explorer. I think most of us (at least I) had grown very attached to that car, and didn't realize how much so until I found out that it was going to be "destroyed". Poor thing, it's on it's way out, but it has some good life left in it still. We moved my friend 5 or 6 times with that car, I think. A less shining moment we rode in it on top of a tow truck from St. George to Foothill Village in the night. I thought it was a wonderfull, grand, swinging adventure, but for some reason, my Mom does not share those same fond memories of that experience. Anyway, I feel sort of guilty. Anyway so please consider this a loving tribute to the Explorer.





3 comments:

John Chatelain said...

I was hoping you were going to post something in memoriam. It was beautiful Elen.

Sad day. I lost a Chevy Blazer-Tahoe (thanks to my little sister) while I was living in France, and all I got was a letter from my mother saying the car was dead and not to insist upon it. No pictures. No sitting at the dealer reminiscing on past times. Just, "the blazer's dead."

Susan said...

WOW! I did not relize that you have had that car for so long! What kind of car are you getting now? Do you get to drive it also or will it just be your parents car?

Nourishing Creations said...

aw. post photos of the new one when you get it.