Friday, August 28, 2009

Amazon Pioneer Women Part 1

I would like to pay tribute to my pioneer ancestors and my Great-Grandma Lloyd, people who took the job at hand and got it done. They are my inspiration and it was their blood in my veins today. I would also like to send my thanks heavenwards that this all happened while we were home and while I was off work.

Due to a malfunctioning water softener yesterday afternoon today my Mom and I have:

Moved:
-1 chest-of-drawers
-1 secretary
-1 desk
-1 couch
-2 chairs
-4 bookcases and accompanying books/kinck-nacks/tv
-1 metal filing cabinet
-and various other sundry items including two night stands, 8 boxes of welfare-square food storage, and various papers.

Removed:
-3 doors, a room of carpet, and disposed of 3/4 of a room of carpet-padding.

Various Other:
-called a carpet layer, have made 3 trips to Home Depot in the past two days, are now the proud new owners of a 5Horse-power ShopVac, rented a carpet fan, Mom&Dad spent several hours yesterday sucking water out of carpet.

Conclusions:
-floods are no good. Water-softeners at this cost are over-rated. At best carpet-padding is distasteful, sopping carpet-padding is gross, but mouldy carpet-padding would be infinitely worse. If your basement is going to flood quick and powerful ShopVac response would be optimal. We have wonderful neighbors who have ShopVacs that we probably won't need to borrow as we now have our own, which we hope is a talisman aganst such occurences in the future.

Pictures of the Fruits of Our Labours Below:






...AND SHE CAN STILL SMILE!!! WHAT A WOMAN!


2 comments:

Susan said...

Man! you guys are amazing! So do you have to get new carpet? you are great workers! I hope you have fixed the problem so it doesn't continue to flood!

Nourishing Creations said...

What an excuse for a remodel! :( Did you save all the furniture?