Monday, March 23, 2009

Some Pics from the UBT 2005 Europe Tour

THE AMAZING UBT!!!

I went on a stroll down memory lane to the six weeks I spent touring Europe with 3 of my friends in 2005. (Which we lovingly named the UBT for reasons that will remain nameless) I can never get over how little we look...and we thought we were so old, lol. Some aren't the most flattering or best pics, but they are funny and happy, and there are some good scenic shots too. I think some of the pictures aren't mine, but I can't remember. Lizzie, Anne, and Kim, you guys rock...gosh we had a blast (even though it was hard).

Anne's uncle's cafe in Offenbach, Germany, the very first place we went off the plane.

Aunt Nettie's apartment building.
Frankfurt
Night view of Paris from up by Sacre Coeur, note the creepy orange moon, it really was that color.

Versailles with the fountains on!!!

Restaurant in the latin quarter in Paris. The food was awful, but we had fun. They had live music and kept making us dance so people would want to come in. The waiter--with no by your leave--picked lizzie up and put her on top of a 2 1/2' box to dance on.

London.
Saltzburg
Venice (I don't think this is my picture...I think maybe Kim took it.)
Venice from a random island we we to, that we thought had a beach. Maybe it did, but we didn't find it. So instead we had a nice tour around surburbia Venice.

Murano.
Yes, yes, there was a sign in the road that pointed towards Matrimony in Rome. And yes, it does actually mean matrimony. Counting Kim (who is behind the camera) we've got two under the sign still and two off wherever the arrow is going.

Rome. What a lovely goddess...if I do say so myself. :)
Rome.
The ABSOLUTELY AMAZING hot air baloon located in random park in Rome. They said it was too windy to go up, but Lizzie assured us that "They don't mean it" and she was right.
Seriously most awesome ballon ride EVER! You guys all look so young!
Pouring in Pisa.
Our favorite moment in Cinque Terre. Good thing it ended up being worth it.
Prague. I would love to go back.
Ending with a good picture. On the soccer field in Anne's Grandma's village, Kaspenhausen. (I get oodles of brownie points if I spelled that right.) Which was one of the most idyllic places i've been. I absolutely HAD to have those pants (Viva la H&M!!!!!) I bought them, and got home and reallized how truly almost neon they were. I wore them once or twice and called it quits, I still have them, but the last time I wore them was when I was being a crab for halloween.

2 comments:

Elen said...

I think so too.

Whitney Denney said...

Wow I really want to go.