Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tool Nerds

For the film I am working on I am working in the Art Department. The defining tool of the Art Department is the Leatherman. I was finally going nuts not having one of my own that I decided to buy a cheap one, turns out my Dad had a nice one that he was kind enough to let me borrow, so I didn't buy one after all. At two separate times two different guys stopped mid conversation with me to gaze at my Leatherman say to me, "that looks like a nice Leatherman, is that a Wave?". I should note at this point of my narrative that each time they were probably 3ft away from my Leatherman which was sitting on the table. I then proceeded to get a deer-in-headlights look which evolved into a "how the heck should I know" look. I consulted the print on the Leatherman to discover it is indeed a Wave. Tool nerds. Honestly, how many people have the different varieties of Leatherman memorized and can identify them (while closed) from 3 ft away. I'm more of a Leatherman is a Leatherman, is a Leatherman person. Guess I have lots to learn still, but I feel pretty cool with my hard core tool.

No comments: