Monday, January 4, 2010

Heyer Heaven

Well, my family had WAY too much fun at the used book store, first just me and my mom and then a couple of days later my Mom, Dad, Whit, and I. Whitney will tell you that I'm obsessed with Georgette Heyer books (historical romances (generally regency) and mysteries based in the 1920's - 50's), and I suppose she's fairly accurate-- but it's not something I normally admit to my general acquaintance. But one of my favorite phrases is "it's genetic" meaning that I can't help it, not that I'd want to if I could (my extended family has a book group-turned women's get together called Heyer Dolls). I love Georgette Heyer books and I've read almost all of them (happily there are lots!). They are popular books and so can be hard to fine, they've started printing them new, but I really have a great affection for the old ones. We were amazingly lucky and someone had brought in their collection of Georgette Heyer collection right before we came. We got a bunch, some for me some, for my Mom, and some for Whitters as well as lots of other things including a generous dose of Mary Stewart books for Whitney. I'm being very brave and have put up some pictures of some of the books. Enjoy the varying artistic interpretations of the side-by-side images. Part of the charm/secret is these sultry covers in books where the most shocking they get is a passionate kiss on the last page. Sorry for the ones on the wrong side round, for some reason they wouldn't rotate. Anyway, we had amazing luck and see it as a bright omen for the new year.

No comments: